Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lucky Number 13

Violet turned 13 last weekend. I am now the mother of a teenager. How is that even possible?

We celebrated on Saturday with a 40 person cookout with family and friends and I made this cake, which was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Alas, the only pictures we got of said cake are below and they don't fully convey the awesomeness that is the Super Special Rainbow Cake:



On Sunday, which was Violet's actual birthday, we marked her 13th year with a round of mini golf and ice cream and Violet's favorite dinner, lasagna. Oh, and more cake. A fun time was had by all.


Did I mention that I'm the mother of a teenager? Crazy.

1 comments:

  1. That's an amazing cake for your wonderful girl! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Like every blogger in the universe, I love me some comments. I promise I read and appreciate every single one. I swear! And, if you have a blog, I visit and leave comments in return...I'm good at the reciprocal comments. I'm not, however, good at replying directly back or responding back within the same comment thread. But I will reciprocate your comments, I swear!