1) "Work sucked today, I got punched in the face." - said by Mr. Chick, and I think it's self explanatory. He's a cop, so I suppose it's an occupational hazard, but I'm sure it's not fun. The guy got away too, but they caught him eventually. Word to the wise: Don't punch a cop in the face unless you want MANY cops to be hunting you like it's the first day of deer season.
2) "Normal is boring." - said by Lily. This should be her life mantra. Girlfriend does not give a hoot what anyone thinks of her and marches to not just the beat of her own drum, because even that would be too normal, but to the beat of her own three piece band. I do not mind this about her because she's already a pretty awesome kid, and she's definitely going to be a pretty awesome adult. I can't wait to watch.
3) "But I want to put my hands in meat." - said by Lily, after I explained to Violet that yes, she could help with dinner but meatloaf was on the menu and she would have to stick her hands in raw ground meat, which can be kind of gross. (Again, reference #2 above from Lily - i.e. Normal is boring. Yes, yes it is.)
4) "I look perpetually skeptical and my eyelids are going to be all scabby." - said by me, after a botched eyebrow wax at the salon. Scabby eyelids are not the look I was going for. Also, not sure how 'Just clean up the strays' turned in to 'Make me look like one eyebrow is raised at all times." I actually can raise said eyebrow (my left one) independent of my right eyebrow, and it's how I look at people when I think they're lying to me, or being an idiot. Now it looks like I think EVERYONE is either lying to me or being an idiot, at all times. Lovely.
5) "I didn't think it was a big deal." - said by Violet, after she dumped nail polish remover on our wooden bar stool and proceeded to let it eat off the lacquer finish AND stain, down to the bare wood. She soon found out that it was a very big deal.