1. What did you dream about last night? I've been having really unpleasant dreams lately. I can't exactly remember last night, but I remember it wasn't good and I woke up feeling unsettled. The night before that, I dreamt that I was at the mall with Lily and a friend of hers and the other friend's mom. I left the girls with the other mom and started walking in the other direction when suddenly, a bomb went off right where I left them. I started running back toward them and I saw that Lily was okay, then I woke up. This other time I dreamt that I was on a cruise ship that was sinking (this was way before that one sank last year) and I had Violet with me but I couldn't find Lily and the faster I tried to run, the slower I went. Those kind of dreams suck, and I actually have them quite a bit.
2. If you could be given ANY gift what would it be? A cleaning service. I find there aren't enough hours in the day as it is, so I hate spending any of those hours cleaning. My inner neat freak and germophobe requires regular house cleaning, though. My inner perfectionist also requires that I go around after anyone else in my house has cleaned something in order to do it the 'right way.' (The right way would be my way, obviously.)
3. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why? Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. They're a married couple who go to a cheesy theme motel to try and re-connect. They go back forth between showing how they met and started dating to present day when they have grown apart. It's quite disturbing to watch, but interesting at the same time - with some surprises thrown in for good measure. It's not a 'feel good' movie, so don't be expecting to feel all warm and fuzzy after watching it.
4. What is your favourite TV show of all time ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it? Friends. I'm still trying to get over the fact that this show premiered almost 20 years ago. Ridiculous. Pivot!
5. What's your favourite way to wake up and what's the first thing you do? I do not have a favorite way to wake up because I am not a morning person. The first thing I do is look at my phone to see what time it is and hope that I have time to go back to sleep. I prefer weekends, when I don't have to jump right out of bed and start arguing with one kid or the other about getting up, getting ready or getting out of the house on time. Weekday mornings are fun.
6. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I actually don't mind my name, so I don't think I would change it. When I was younger, I hated it and thought that Jessica was the most beautiful name in the world and fervently wished my parents had named me that. Then I moved on to Tiffany. Now I'm pretty happy that my parents did not name me Jessica or Tiffany and think my own name is pretty nice. Normal enough that it's not too weird and out there but unusual enough that you don't know 500 people with the same name as you.
7. If you had to do a bushtucker challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Spiders, hands down. I'm sure they would be huge, gross, hairy ones.
8. Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? Probably a toss up between Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. But hey, those were the jams back in the day. I remember having my mind blown by the fact that 'I Think We're Alone Now' was NOT a Tiffany original. I had both of albums on cassette and I'm pretty sure I finally got rid of those when I moved out on my own.
9. What characteristics do you dislike in yourself? I tend to be judgmental of others. I know this is a character flaw and I'm working on it. I also worry a lot and I'm trying to stop that and be more positive. Clearly, I have a lot of things I'm working on.
10. What are you really afraid of? Something happening to one of my kids. Having had a close call with Lily many years ago, I can honestly say I don't know how I would be able to go on if anything happened to either one of them.